Wednesday, April 02, 2008

"Pop Top Containers"


I didn't think I was going to stamp today. I had a migraine that knocked me out yesterday and today I am still not 100% but I got an e-mail from my friend Margaret who was bumming cause every time she checked my blog today there wasn't anything new. Well, here you go Margaret something new for you. LOL I am making these for some gift sets. They are filled with wrapped Hershey Nuggets. No they don't have my face on them. I can't be everywhere. Ha ha ha. To make these, you have to cut off the bottom of the container with a safety can opener. You can get them pretty much anywhere, they are around $8. After you cut the bottom off, wash it out and dry it completely. Then decorate the outside how you like. When I fill them, I put the nuggets or candy in first then I add some paper shred before I put the bottom back on. I like to have the candy in a bed of shred when they open it. To attach the bottom, I used Diamond Glaze, it is the same as Stampin' Up's Crystal Effects. I run that around the edge and put the bottom on and hold it for about a minute, then I place a watter bottle on it for some weight while it dries sitting on the table. That takes about an hour. I get my pop top containers at Costco. They are Del Monte Fruit Cups. You get 24 in the box for around $7
Stamps: Bud Basics, Mixed Bouquet (blue circle)
Paper: Summer Sun, Regal Rose, Green Galore, Lavender Lace, Whisper White
Ink: Summer Sun, Regal Rose, Green Galore, Lavender Lace, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Pop Top Container, Paper Shred, Hershey Nuggets, Address Labels, Diamond Glaze, Grosgrain Ribbon

10 comments:

Sharon said...

These cans are real cute! I've made several of them myself. You have some great creations on your blog. Keep it up !

Sandra Smart said...

I have wanted to try making these for so long! They are adorable. Have to find the safety can opener and the diamond glaze and then I am going to try it out! Thanks for sharing.
You always have the coolest stuff on your blog!

Chris said...

very, very cute!!! >"<

Anonymous said...

I hope you didn't give up your nap, to blog???...*LOL*

What a cool idea!!! If they've been around for a while, where have I been?!?!?! I'll have to give this one a try. This would be a great Ronald McDonald House gift idea. THANKS for posting, Rochelle. I hope you feel better soon.

Margaret

Tru said...

I love doing these, yours are very cute. Can I come to your house? You always seem to have candy. LOL.
Trudi SBS10

Nancy said...

Cute, cute, cute!
I need to try making these some day.

Melissa said...

Super cute! I've never done these before!

M.

Unknown said...

These are wonderful, great job!

Thanks for posting the card keeper directions I have had fun making them and have linked back to the post for my project today.

Thank you Rochelle!

Deanne Clarke said...

Oh, this is just the sweetest idea!!!!! Thanks!

Sara Frawley said...

Way cute, Rochelle! I just love this idea... now... off to buy fruit cans... we don't have a Costco, and I don't have a safety opener either, so I guess I have some shopping to do, huh? Thanks for sharing!
~Sara Frawley
sbs10