Monday, April 21, 2008

"My Hotel Room"


Here is what I brought with me for this weekend. Yeah, it was a lot and most of what I own but I did end up using almost everything I brought so that makes it all worth it. Plus everyone else used the stuff I brought too so it all worked out. Friday the four of us (Kristine, Nancy, Margaret and I) met at the Fabric Barn around 3:00 when I got to town and we tore that place a part. I got 25 yards of 10 different colors of 5/8 inch grosgrain ribbon and 80 yards of 10 different colors of 1/4 inch grosgrain. All matching Stampin' Up. Woo hoo! The 5/8 inch ribbon is 5 yards for $1 and the 1/4 inch ribbon was 8 yards for $1. Great deals. We stayed up until 2:30 Saturday night stamping and talking. I did more talking than stamping though. I only made one card. LOL I know, that is so bad. But I made up for it Saturday. After the stamp mania and dinner, Kristine went home and Nancy, Margaret and I stamped until 12:00 and I got a couple more things done. Then after they left, I so wanted to go to bed so I jumped in bed and tried to fall asleep but I just couldn't, I ended up getting back up and stamped until 3am. It was fun but I paid for it Sunday. I set my alarm for 9am but I woke up at 6:30am I managed to fall back asleep until 8:30. I ran down and got breakfast and brought it up to the room. I stamped for a couple more hours before I had to put my stuff away and head home. It was a long 7 hour drive cause I packed my I-Pod. I thought it was in the glove box but it wasn't. Oh well.

I brought WAY too many stamps. I only used a few of them, but you never know what you are going to want right? Last year I didn't bring this many and I used something from each set. I guess I just wanted to be prepared. It was such a good time though. I wish I lived in SO Cal. I could get together with my friends a lot more than once a year. Next time I am going to plan better and know what I am going to use as far as stamps ahead of time.

Here is the paper I brought. The brown box is 12 x 3 or 12 x 4 and full of pattern paper that Kristine gave me. Thanks Kristine! I used several sheets from it already. Some SU but mostly other companies. I can't wait to look at it better and see what else is in there and what I can do with it. I had a great weekend with the girls. Not long enough though. Lots of laughs, shopping, and stamping. It was fantastic. I will post projects tomorrow. I also had several requests to change my feed to full so people could see the entire post with google reader. Here you go ladies!

9 comments:

Lauri said...

Wow! You had so much fun!!!!!! Maybe you can figure out a way to meet more often!

Melissa said...

Sounds like lots and lots of fun Rochelle!

Many Blessings,
M.

Kristine Reynolds said...

Love how everything is all neat and aligned Rochelle....believe me-it DID NOT look like that in the middle of our stamping frenzie!

So...now it's time to plan the west coast impressions retreat! Seriously....we'll talk of line!

Valerie M said...

You wish you could live in soCal...I wish I could live in Seattle where there are the BEST craft stores! Sigh...

How did you drive safely home for such a long drive, when you had so little sleep?

Loved seeing your pics!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. The ribbon you found, such a bargain you lucky girl.

Glad you had a safe trip.

Lisa Hetrick said...

Wow! Have fun. Looks like you've got a lot to keep you busy. Post your creations when you can. Lisa SBS10

Jennifer Orbaker said...

Sounds like you had a good time, can't wait to see what you made!

JoAnna Goodman said...

I'm so glad you had a fun trip! Sounds like you got some great deals at your trip to the Fabric Barn! Glad you are back and can't wait to see all you're projects!!

kathleenh said...

It sounds like you had a fantastic time! I felt a little like I was there with you. We all need those fun girls weekends sometimes.