Wednesday, March 26, 2008

"Thanks For Your Support"


Thank you all for your kind words, comments, and e-mails yesterday. I apologize for my complaining. I have just been in a funk lately and I couldn't get out of it. But, I think I am coming around. I had a bunch of errands to run yesterday and decided to stop at my local stamp store for a minute. I ended up finding some fun paper and black brads. Then I had to go to the bank, which is close to Joanns. So I ran in there too. I got myself a new cuttlebug embossing folder and some sheer ribbon. I also bought some mod-podge. I picked up some clipboards at Staples and I am going to decorate them. I ended up coming home and looking at all my new paper and goodies and I knew that things are going to be better. I started a check list of all the things I need to get done in the next three weeks too. (which is kinda a lot)

So the next time I get into a funk, someone yell at me and tell me to go shopping. I guess retail therapy really works. Today I am going to get my sample card done for my class since I now have the sheer ribbon and try to come up with one more card for my class. Here are two cards I came up with last night when the kids went to bed. I didn't get the summer picnic SU paper that everyone is using with the tart and tangy stamps so I found my own cherry paper. I inked up the stamps with markers and then went over them with the markers cause they weren't dark enough for me. I think these cards are cute. The greetings are Hero Arts. They come in a three pack called Sunny Messages. The third stamp is thinking of you. Thanks again you guys. I am so lucky that I have a support team like you.
Stamps: Tart and Tangy, Hero Arts
Paper: Real Red, Green Galore, Whisper White, Non SU DP
Accessories: SU Markers, SU Circle Punches, SU Scallop Punch, SU White Gel Pen, Green Apple and Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon

11 comments:

Lauri said...

I love this card! The paper and stamp really make it come together!! and hey...how was the egg roll????

Anonymous said...

Perfect cards. Love that paper with that stamp!!!

JoAnna Goodman said...

These are fabulous!!! I love anything cherries! Sorry you were in a funk! Shopping always helps!! LOL

Melissa said...

Glad to see some of your work again and to hear that you shopped right out of your funk!

Many Blessings,
M.

Jennifer Orbaker said...

Shopping always helps! So does a big SU order being delivered by the UPS man! Love your cherry paper, very cute!

Amy said...

I really like your cherry paper! I'm glad you had a fun day out and about. I also like to color in those cherries because I didn't think they were dark enough.

I responded to your tag on my blog!

Doris said...

I responded to your tag too! Glad you're feeling better now. Isn't it amazing how we just seem to "find" ourselves in a stamp store just when we "need" it most!

Lee said...

OHHHH yeah!! Retail therapy does it for me every time!!! LOL These cards are so peppy and cheery......perfect for getting out of a funk!!!! Your class will love them!!

Unknown said...

Hi Rochelle, these cards are lovely and so cheerful...sorry to see that you felt so down :-( good to see that you did a little retail therapy, it is the best kind, LOL.
I am sure you will sort your craft area out a bit better, I had to do the same when I moved, I found a drawer by the side of where I sit in the lounge and just keep a few things in there so I can have a play whenever! As for them turning anything down that you did, then they don't deserve you! Your stuff always looks professional and beautiful, I am full of admiration...so kick 'em into touch girl....ChrissyX

Margaret Moody said...

I love checking your blog daily to see if you have any new things up.
I think you are very creative. I love your cherry card! It looks great and I hope you'll keep sharing your neat and inspiring creations! - Margaret

Anonymous said...

Yes shopping is always a good quick fix! I love this card its very cheerful.