Saturday, January 26, 2008

"Ugly Bird Is Back"


"Ugly Bird" you say? You don't think he is ugly? I do! If you don't know the story behind
"Ugly Bird" click here! I really love this card. I think I found my mojo. Woo Hoo!! Seriously, the teal doesn't look that bright in person. It's the scans fault. If you want to see more "Ugly Bird" cards click here. I held a contest with some ladies in my yahoo group last year. I sent the 10 ladies that entered 6 stamped "Ugly Bird" images, they could submit 1-6 card entries. The winner won an "Ugly Bird" Stamp of their own. Little did they know I actually bought them all the stamp. They were so surprised when I declared them all winners. It was a lot of fun. I haven't broke this guy out since September. I thought it was time. Plus I got this cool paper Friday and I totally thought of "Ugly Bird" I know, it looks pretty good doesn't it? The "Ugly Bird" stamp is from Hero Arts and it really called. "Bird with long legs". (I prefer Long legged "Ugly Bird")LOL
On the stamped image and the thinking of you image. I sponged sahara sand on it so it wouldn't be so bright and it matches the background paper. Hard to see in the scan though. Also the "Ugly Bird" Image is popped up with dimensionals.
Stamps: Hero Arts, Warmest Regards
Paper: Ruby Red, Taken With Teal, Basic Black, Whisper White, Fancy Pants DP
Ink: Stazon Black, Sahara Sand
Accessories: Photo Corner Punch, Gold Brads, Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals, SU Markers, Sponges, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig

12 comments:

JoAnna Goodman said...

Be nice to Mr. Ugly Bird! LOL The card looks super! Got that mojo thing going on!!

Alex said...

This is a great card Rochelle! And, he may be ugly, but he is cute ugly - LOL! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Lisa Hetrick said...

I love that little bird. I have a few of those little guys. There legs are a little shorter. She's just vertically challenged. That's all! Still a cool card. Lisa SBS10

Lee said...

I LOVE this ugly bird!!! Great colors and dp......very cute layout and photo corner! Now I've got to go read the story behind the "ugly bird"!!! :)

Gwen said...

I love the card!! I have not used the photo corner punch yet...gotta get that out...love the way you did the brads.

Unknown said...

I love the layout you used on this card, it is very nice with the awesome DP you used. I love all of your ugly bird cards.

Chris said...

i love the ugly bird!!! this card looks great...i am so into the color black!!

My Paper World said...

I think he is kinda cute! Love the paper, and I had fun reading all about "ugly bird" and looking at the fab "ugly bird" competition entries!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rochelle, I still love my Beautiful Bird today too! That contest was a lot of fun! Thanks again, and of course your bird looks quite HANDSOME! Christina

Anonymous said...

I have to agree, he IS an ugly bird! But you sure have given the royal treatment to such an ugly little bird! LOL!

Kimberly

Jennifer Orbaker said...

I'm not too sure about the ugly bird either, but you make him look so great!

dawnmercedes said...

magnifique!