Thursday, November 15, 2007

"Kisses in the Tent"


I made these today for my nephew to take to his pre-school holiday party. I know it is early but my sister lives 2400 miles away and it isn't like I can run them over. I really love how they turned out. Roman is going to be a big hit in class. (Thanks to Anutie Rochelle) LOL

This is a close up of the tents. I stamped the big snowflakes with bashful blue and then silver embossed the smaller snowflakes. I got the snowman head stamp at Michael's $1 spot a couple years ago when I really wanted to buy cold play. This was my substitute. I sponged bashful blue around the edges of the white card stock and then sponged over the image as well to soften the white. They are super cute. And very easy to make.

Here is the side view. There are 6 Hershey Kisses inside. The two on the ends are anchored with glue dots so they don't all fly out when you pick it up.
Cut the card stock 5 x 5 1/2 then score on the 5 inch side at 1 1/2, 2 1/2, and 4. Then decorate the outside and fold and put together in the tent shape. The back of mine has the overlap. I closed them with tacky tape but you could use adhesive or glue.
Stamps: Snowflakes, Michael's $1 Snowman Head
Paper: Bashful Blue, Real Red, Walmart White
Ink: Bashful Blue, Stazon Black, Versamark
Accessories: Red and Black Gingham Ribbon, Hershey Kisses, Small and Large SU Tag Punch, Sponge, SU Markers, Heat Gun, Silver Embossing Powder, Glue Dots, Scor-Pal

9 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

these are too cute, what a great idea. You nephew will be the hit of the party

Doris said...

What a delicious way to celebrate! They are adorable...

Melissa said...

Awesome!

JoAnna Goodman said...

Clever and adorable, as always! Roman has a great aunt!!

dawnmercedes said...

rochelle...that is AWESOME!!!!

Anonymous said...

Cute idea. I'm still trying to work on the peppermint patty ideas!

Thanks for sharing! Love your blog!

Maria
http://stampinctc.blogspot.com/

Corie said...

Wow, these are FANTASTIC!!

Anonymous said...

These are very cute, I have not seen this yet, wonderful idea!

Jules said...

Thank you for all the wonderful gift ideas! I just found your blog! Fabulous!!!