Saturday, October 06, 2007

"True Friend Swap Card"


I am in a 6th of the month swap. There are 6 of us and we each send the other 5 people one card and we get 5 back. Instead of having a hostess. We send them out by the 6th of the month. This is my card for October. I hope they like it. I have been making it in my head for two weeks now. I just got the paper, ribbon, and stamp set Friday. I know, cutting it close. But I wanted to use everything for this swap. My current stampin' up sets are very few since the last retire, so I couldn't wait to get some new ones. I inked the flower with markers. I used Really Rust, Old Olive and Chocolate Chip. Where is the chocolate chip you ask? It is under the brad of course. They looked pretty cool when I was done but I felt it needed one more embellishment so I went for the jeweled brad in the center of the flower. These colors are very much out of my comfort zone but I really love the Apple Cider paper. I am happy with how it turned out. I love it.
Stamps: True Friend
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White, Apple Cider DP
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Wild Wasabi Double Stitched Ribbon, SU Markers, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, Jeweled Brad

9 comments:

Doris said...

I love it too! ...and I'll take chocolate any way I can get it! Your color combo is just right.

Doris Smith
www.stampingtower.blogspot.com

Dottie K. said...

Wow this card is beautiful. I'm sure they're going to love it. :)

Melissa said...

Fabulous Rochelle! I like the colors a lot for this time of year!

Unknown said...

Rochelle, this is a beautiful card. I've got that set on my wish list!! Now if only my wish list was so long! Have a great Saturday.
Diane

jody said...

rochelle,
i love this card and the colors are exactly what i gravitate towards! i guess that is why there are so many SU colors!!! lol!
great blog!

jody (SCS:stampjam)

Corie said...

This is FANTASTIC -- they will LOVE it.

Kristine Reynolds said...

Love it Rochelle. Don't you just love that paper!

JoAnna Goodman said...

Great job, Rochelle! The card is beautiful and I absolutely love the colors you chose!

Ret said...

hi Rochelle, I just love this card! (actually i love all your cards, you're such a natural at it)
Your choices for colors are great & I know they'll love this super card!

thanks for having this blog, I love your work!!!
Ret Cudmore
http://www.picturetrail.com/photos/crafty1ret