Tuesday, May 22, 2007

"My First Lunch Tin"


I have never made one of these before. It was my first time using Modge Podge too. It isn't' too bad. I will have to buy a smaller brush because the one I had was too big but it worked for this one. I made this for my neighbors daughter. She was over today after school for a play date so I thought I would make my first test one for her. She loved it.


So where did I get the lunch tins you ask? I got them at Joann's! $1 each. Yes only $1. I bought 12 of them. I thought they would make cute kid gifts. I am going to make some more and put some of those fun books and a pack of crayons or something like that in it. Or maybe some kind of card making kit with some pre folded cards, stamped images and envelopes and a $1 pack of gel pens from the Target $1 spot. I guess the possibilities are endless.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool! I really like this tin and I'm sure your neighbor did too.

Jen said...

Love the tuin and love your cards.....

Jen said...

whoops sorry, love the tin!

Michelle D. said...

These are darling! I hope my store has these...by the time I get over there to go shopping Ü. Thanks for sharing, Rochelle!

Anne said...

Love your alterations! Thanks for enabling me right into two of the pink/green combination and one of the other! *wink* I saw them over the weekend when I had to purchase the Iris Carts for 12 X 12 papers at a DEEP discount of 60% off! One is for myself... as everyone knows... I'm a paper addict! The second is for Sophie's new workspace we'll be putting in when we redo her bedroom very soon!

Hugs,
Anne :)

Kristine Reynolds said...

I bought a pink one at JoAnn's on Friday. I was hoping it would fit cards but it's a little small...I'll figure something out, but if you use yours for something specific, let me know!

thanks!

dawnmercedes said...

boy, i've been off line for days and I'm trying to play catch up. I did get only 1 of these lunch tins from joann's. the other 2 were scratched up. good thing I ahve a couple left from when they were at Target! these make great little girl bday gifts...fill them up with lip gloss, candy, socks, etc....