Saturday, August 02, 2008

"Heartfelt Anniversary"


I made this card for my Tony's aunt and uncle. Their Anniversary is next week and I wanted to make them a card. I really love the colors on this one. There is something about turquoise and brown that I love. It is just a great color combo. I found the paper at my local stamp store. The finished card is 5 x 5. I have only made a couple 5 x 5 cards. I really like them but I don't like that they need extra postage. The image is popped up on pop dots for dimension. I also found some tiny pearls to add a little bling. The first flower is stamped at full strength and the other two were stamped off. I wanted to have one dark and the other two light.
Stamps: Heartflet Thanks
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Chocolate Chip
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Chocolate Chip, Close To Cocoa, Whisper White, DP
Accessories: Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, Pop Dots, Pearls, 5/8 Inch Grosgrain Ribbon

9 comments:

JoAnna Goodman said...

I really love this color combo, too! Glad to see a 5x5 card! (I hate the extra postage, as well) Great job on the card!

I have nominated you for an award, please check out my blog for the details!

Sara Frawley said...

This card is beautiful, Rochelle... I love making the square cards - it's something different, ya know. But the extra postage does frustrate me too. My recent favorite color combo is pink, brown, and turquoise... I just love how the brown makes the other two colors pop!

Courtney said...

This is beautiful, Rochelle!

Anonymous said...

This card is wonderful. I love the color combo..

Kirsten said...

It really is a great color combo, good card!

Tru said...

Love this card! I've left you an award on my blog.

Rhonda Kelly said...

Love this card! I love square cards and find I make more of them lately. I love the color combo too! Great job, tfs.

Anonymous said...

Where do you find envelopes to fit the 5x5 cards??????

kat said...

Love your card! AND I see you are getting blog awards; you deserve it!