Tuesday, July 15, 2008

"Diaper Cake Help"


The wife of one of my husband's co-workers is having a baby in September and the other wives are planning a baby shower. I want to make her a diaper cake but I have never made one before. Do you know where I can find some good directions and or pictures of some? I want to have the "WOW" gift at this party if ya know what I mean. LOL So, if you know where I can find some good/easy directions for diaper cakes can you link me to some? You can e-mail me the link or post them in the comments. I just don't know where to find them. I would appreciate it a lot.

I don't know if they know what they are having yet. This is going to be their first baby. She is also a stamper so I know she will appreciate what ever I make.
I love making this card for new mommas. The card is confetti white and the colored paper is covering the front so the inside and back are confetti white.
Stamps: I'm Here, Wonderful Words
Paper: Confetti White, Pixie Pink, Pink Passion, Lovely Lilac, Lavender Lace, Green Galore, Gable Green, Ballet Blue, Bashful Blue, Cardstock Vellum
Ink: Basic Black, Pixie Pink, Pink Passion, Lovely Lilac, Lavender Lace, Green Galore, Gable Green, Ballet Blue, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Silver Brads
Paper:

10 comments:

Sandra Smart said...

Hi Rochelle,
Cutest cake I have ever seen:
http://susiestampalot.blogspot.com/
Look for her May 19th tutorial.

April said...

Here's a great tutorial that I've used before:
http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/2007/09/diaper-cake-tutorial.html

Latisha said...

Very cute! I have seen the diaper cakes you are talking about if I remember where I have seen them I will send you the link.

Anonymous said...

If you search on SCS for Diaper Cake you get all kinds of ideas and sites that show you how to!!

Anonymous said...

Cute Cards!! Glad you leg/foot is better. Loved the pics of your trip. Glad you are home now so we can see the work you are doing! Keep it up!

Melissa said...

I just came across this one....

http://susiestampalot.blogspot.com/2008/05/how-to-make-diaper-cake.html

Many Blessings,
M.

Anonymous said...

The Scalloped Edge blog has the Diaper Cake either today or yesterday.

Kathy Brown

Anonymous said...

I've just done them myself using cardboard and covering it. Usually it takes two people to hold it all together. We tape the diapers then cover w/ribbon. I always "decorate" the cake w/disposable baby spoons for candles and other little items from Johnson's baby travel kit (ie lotion, shampoo, powder, etc.) and pacifiers...you get the idea. Good luck.

Unknown said...

I have made some I will dig up the photos...

Valarie said...

Here is one done a little different:

http://stamponthis.com/SOT-IDdiapercake.htm