Wednesday, July 30, 2008

"Belli Challenge #27-Birthday"


This weeks Belli Challenge is Birthday. Each week Chris posts a challenge You can find the info here.
I decided not to make a card this time. Although I might do one later. I like to make these and put them on the top of birthday presents. You can wrap them in the matching wrapping paper as well, which looks cool. I find the garland at Michael's for $1. They have a bunch of different colors and some shapes. I am going to do these as one of the 3D items for my upcoming stamp class. They are super easy and real fun. And there is the wow factor. People like em'

*I used a roll of lifesavers to make these. After I wrapped them, I tool my paper piercing tool and poked a hole in the top and shoved the garland into the hole.*

There are quite a few of us that do the challenge each week check out their blogs to see what they came up with for the challenge.
Holly Brown
Laurie Serino
Shelly Koskinen
Jennifer Greco
Chris Dickinson
Christi Thorsen
Ceal Pritchett
Lorie Ames

Paper: Making Memories
Accessories: Lifesavers, Garland, Tacky Tape

12 comments:

Shelly Koskinen said...

Those are really cute. I guess that i will have to make a trip to Michaels.

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

These are SO cute! What a great idea and way better than a boring old bow!!

JoAnna Goodman said...

I love, love, love these! They are so cute!! I'll have to place an order with you for some of these for Alyssa's birthday!! Hugs!

Lauri said...

So so cute!!

Ceal said...

these are too cute, what tyoe of tube is that?

Christi Flores said...

Oh how fun!! I LOVE these!!!

Lorie said...

Super cute, Rochelle...seriously love this!

Rochelle W said...

I used a roll of lifesavers to make these. After I wrapped them, I tool my paper piercing tool and poked a hole in the top and shoved the garland into the hole.

Michelle Whitlow said...

Ok, now I know this sounds like a silly question, but where did you find the roll lifesavers?? Did you buy them individually? I was going to do the 4th of July ones that you posted earlier and for the life of me I cannot find them anywhere!! Never thought I wouldn't be able to find them (other than the single rolls which could get costly). I was hoping to find a big pack of them.

MNScrapbookmom said...

This is a great idea... Love the colors, and the fact that I can do it !!! :) Thanks... ¥

cyndi said...

so so so cute!!!

kathleenh said...

Fabulous idea Rochelle! I could see doing this with lipbalm as well.