Tuesday, June 10, 2008

"Lifesaver Firecrackers"


Are these cute or what? I got the idea from my friend Margaret who got it from our friend Karen. I couldn't pass up making these to give to my neighbors kids and my girls at our annual 4th of July block party. We have the best 4th of July block party in the world. We have a bounce house, dunk tank, cotton candy machine, lots of carnival games, sno cone machine, a one man band, and last year we even had a clown that made balloon animals for all the kids. We eat all day and the kids have a blast with the games and dunking their friends in the dunk tank. When it starts to get dark the kids all line up and do a parade for the adults. Then we pass out those glow in the dark necklaces to all the kids and we blow off fireworks for about 45 minutes. It totally rocks. I am going to make a goodie bag for my three girls and the my friends three girls. I bought some red tin buckets from the $1 spot at Target. I also got some red white and blue pencils and bubbles from Party America. I am also going to put some wrapped chocolate in the bucket too. I can't wait until the party.

I took the wrapper off of the lifesavers and wrapped my own with the red, white, and blue paper. I used my paper piercer to poke a hole in the top of the lifesaver pack to put the garland in. I just cut three pieces and put them in the hole to look like firecrackers. Super cute ha? You could do these for different occasions with different garland too. I will post the completed project when it is completed.
Paper: DCWV Summer Stack
Accessories: Scor-Tape, Garland, Paper Piercer, Lifesavers

16 comments:

Cafe Ink said...

OMG! These are too cute! I am so casing these as gifts for my stamp club members next month. You are just too clever.

Thanks for the continued inspiration.

Charmaine G

Tamara said...

Those are soooo stinkin' cute! I can't wait to make some. Now I just have to decide what to make them FOR. Hmmmm. Thanks for the cute ideas!

Sandra Smart said...

Oh, what a cute idea! Thank you so much for sharing! I just love your blog because it is always so full of such cute stuff that I do not see anywhere else!

JoAnna Goodman said...

These are just too cute, Rochelle!! We have a fun get together, but nothing like yours! It sounds great!!

Elley said...

Wow, what a good ideal. You are a very creative person. Keep it up, I love to watch your blog, you have some of the coolest things I have ever seen.

Melissa said...

Oh for the love of all that is holy and pure - this is genius!!!

And a perfect project for a fire cracker baby like me!!

Many Blessings,
M.

Latisha said...

I think you have to be the goody bag queen! Kids must love you >"< I want to be your neighbor .

Lynn Put said...

OMG, this is such a great idea!
Thank you for sharing this, I would love to make these up for all of the kids in our family for when we go up north to celebrate the 4th!

Jennifer Orbaker said...

I so wish I lived closer to you so that we could come to your 4th of July party! It sounds like so much fun. The kids must love it! Great project, just may case these for our 4th party!

ThreadCatcher said...

Another excellent idea. I will be making some of these up for sure! jmniffer

Lesly said...

These are really, really cute. Thank you for sharing. I sure wish we lived on your block.
Lesly
SBS10

Unknown said...

So very cute, love the idea.

Marla said...

Super, super cute...as always!

stampingmommy said...

Fabulous as always! TFS
Heather (SBS)

Sonja said...

What a great idea. It looks like a quick project, too.

kathleenh said...

Your 4th of July celebration sounds like a blast! How fun that you come up with the themed party goodies too!