Saturday, April 12, 2008

"Gift Set Beaded Pens"


Here are the beaded pens for the gift sets. Some of you have problems with the beads coming off of yours when you make them. That happened to me too at first, until I discovered the secret. Heat! That's the secret. After you put the tape on, use the heat gun for about 15 seconds and heat up the tape and then roll them around in the beads. After the beads are on, I roll the pen with some pressure on my cutting mat so really get those beads stuck in there. I did a tutorial a couple years ago that I posted on SCS that has step by step directions with pictures, you can find that Here. The only thing that I do different now, is I buy the tacky tape sheets instead of using the tape roll and cutting my strips. I get the tacky tape sheets at Oriental Trading Company. You get 3 8 1/2 x 11 sheets for $4.95. It is a super deal. My local stamp store used to sell the sheets but you only got one sheet for $5. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me an e-mail I would be happy to answer your questions.

Here is a picture of the beads I buy. I get them at Michael's. They come in a two pack for $1.99 and they make around 20 pens. I get my pens at Walmart. They come in a 5 pack for around $2.38

Stamps: Bud Basics, Mixed Bouquet (blue Circle)
Ink: Regal Rose, Green Galore, Summer Sun, Lavender Lace, Bashful Blue
Accessories: RSVP Pen, Micro Beads, Tacky Tape, Address Label, Heat Gun, Rectangle Container

Here are printable directions for you for the pens.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Awesome! :)

Many Blessings,
M.

Lauri said...

Thanksl Rochelle! I have made pens like this many times and people always love them!!! Wow..how many gift sets did you make???

Unknown said...

These are great and I have followed all your pen directions in the past and it works out wonderfully! Great post!

Heather said...

Great pens! Thanks for the tip about the heat. The quality of adhesive definitely is a big factor- good to know the Oriental Trading Company sheets work just as well.

Anonymous said...

I love the pens!!!...and the set you used. Thanks for sharing your "secret." I can't wait to make them, next week. Oh - and thanks for posting the photos of your supplies. I'm so visual.

Margaret S

JoAnna Goodman said...

These always look good!!