Saturday, February 02, 2008

"Happy Birthday"


Here is a card we made at my stamp camp. Cased from several people on SCS. It seems to be a popular layout and design. We changed the colors up on ours. Isn't it cute? What I like best about this card is the layout and that you can make the same card with different colors. As soon as I get this set I am going to do that. Most of my stamps are outlined stamps that you have to color. Since I am going to be teaching classes, I am going to start acquiring more solid stamps. They look just as good and they make it easier and faster to make cards. I never realized that it would make such a difference. When I would go to classes or to stamp camp. I thought, how cute are these cards, and they were so easy. It never dawned on me that they were solid stamps. DUH!!! I always buy the “cutesy” stamps. You know those ones you have to color. Which, don’t get me wrong, I like coloring and I do like the stamps. But I am going to try to get some more solid ones. I think the class will thank me for not having to color every card.
Stamps: Canvas, Birthday Whimsy
Paper: Brilliant Blue, Real Red, Apricot Appeal, Whisper White
Ink: Brilliant Blue, Real Red, Apricot Appeal, Green Galore
Accessories: Silver Brads, Apricot Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals

9 comments:

Donna C. said...

I just love this card. Very vibrant and very eye-catching!

Alex said...

This is a super cute card Rochelle - love the bold, bright colors! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

JenniferL. said...

cute card, I like it a lot!

Whimsey said...

Love the b-day packages; so bright and cheery. Love the altered notepads too - those rock; I love all the colors!!

~SBS 10 sistah!

M.E. Greene said...

I just recently made the same connection about solid stamps vs. the line drawn stamps. It is really so much easier to use the solid ones, and I've found that I am drawn to the solid ones over and over again. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. I sort of felt like a cheater! Love your card, by the way.

Latisha said...

I can see why this sketch of the card is so popular, I Love it!!! I will definately have to remember this.

Sandra Smart said...

really cute card...love the bright colors! And your right, to solid stamps are so much easier!

Chris said...

i love this one...very cute!!! I MUST HAVE THIS STAMP SET!!!

Lee said...

It really is cute!! I love the bright and cheerful colors!! The Whimsy sets are so fun. And that is a great layout!