Saturday, February 02, 2008

"Altered Notepads"


I was at Walmart the other day and of course I had to walk down the paper isle. I decided to get a three pack of these notepads. My friend Kristine had sent me one she made like this only hers was thinner and taller. I guess you could say that it was 1/3rd of an 8 1/2 x 11 inch notepad. She put a magnet on the back and it is on my fridge. I thought how cute to make bigger ones for next to the phone, on the desk, next to the computer or to give as gifts. I gave these two away to my demo's kids. They are super easy and a nice cheap gift to make.

Stamps: Stampendous
Paper: Basic Black, Summer Sun, Pink Passion, Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Stazon Black
Accessories: Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, Notepad, SU Markers, Stickles

Here is what you are looking for. They come in a 3 pack. Here are the dimensions for the second one. Yes, they both are the same but I am picking the second one for the colors. Cut red cardstock 5 1/2 x 10 1/2 score at 8 1/4 and 8 1/2
The pink mat is 5 1/4 x 8 1/8 Glue the pink mat on the back of notepad, then glue the pink mat to the red cardstock flush with the 8 1/2 score line. For the image piece. The pink piece is 5 1/4 x 1 3/4 and the white piece is 5 1/8 x 1 5/8

13 comments:

Lee said...

Absolutely a cute, cute idea!! I'll definitely have to put these on my list for my next Wally trip. And maybe make a complete set for little gifts!! Thanks for sharing this and I LOVE those buggies!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea,These are sooo cute, and a must have.. You did a great job. TFS.

Anonymous said...

very cute! I have a pack of these I bought last month...so now I have an idea! Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

Great gifts, nice job!

Anonymous said...

Love them. Now I will have another alterable thing to pick up at Walmart tomorrow :)

CreativeMish said...

What a fabulous idea! This would be a perfect little "Secret Pal" gift. I've got to come up with a few simple things for Valentines. Thanks for the idea!

Us 4 Vol Fans said...

Cute! Absolutely Cute!!! Thanks for always sharing the directions.

Anonymous said...

These are adorable!

JoAnna Goodman said...

These are great! I will definitely have to try these! Thank you for all your inspiration! (Also, thanks for the stamped images of the bees!)

Michelle said...

They are very cute! Walmart! Hmmm, I can only dream... Maybe one day we'll get one.
Thanks Rochelle!
Michelle SBS10

Bella Rose Creations said...

Those are really neat! I like how you matted them! It really adds something.

Chris said...

you've been very busy!!! i too like the paper aisle...it's an illness...the notebooks are very cute!!

Jennifer Orbaker said...

My daughter would love these! Very cute!