Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Q & A..."How I take my pictures"

I have been asked about how I take my pictures of my items and cards. Here is what I do for my cards. I have a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of basic black cardstock. I took my cutter and cut a slit in the paper just enough to slide the card back through. Then I scan it and crop it. That is how I get the perfect black background around my cards.

For my gift items. I have a black towel that I drape over the couch cushion and partly on the floor. I take all my pictures during the day with as much natural light as I can. If I use regular lights, the pictures are more yellow. I also do not use a flash.

My husband got me a photo studio in a box to take pictures of my stuff. It came with two backgrounds. One blue and one grey. I don't like either one. I am going to get the black and white ones and then I will start to use that. It is really awesome. It comes with lights and a camera stand and is so easy to set up. You get the perfect lighting and it works great. I just don't like the backgrounds so it sits in my room.

So that is how I take my pictures.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the tips!! I tried it today, and really like how it came out!!!