Wednesday, December 19, 2007

"Matchbook Treats"


I specifically remember saying that I was done with Christmas treats. Remember? I was on to other projects. I guess I was wrong. Yesterday I busted out the peppermint sammiches that I made for the kids to take to school for their class and was met with "Mom, we don't want peppermint sammiches" We don't like peppermint" "Can you please make something else?" "Please mom, please" Well, I folded like a lawn chair. I decided to make matchbook candy holders.

Cut the cardstock 8 1/2 x 3. Sore at 5 inches and 1 inch. Decorate the front, attach the candy with a staple and close. I did end up putting another score line next to the 5 inch scored line. They didn't close like I wanted them to. I think it was because there was a lot of air in the M&M package so it made it a little thick. Molly is like me and just had to have stickles on them too. So I added yellow, red, and diamond on the ones with the green ornament. The one with the blue, I added yellow, red, and waterfall. They do look better with glitter. I used the Scor-Pal for these so I could score a whole sheet of paper at once. The peppermint sammiches are in a basket and I am going to put them in the office at school for the teachers. I know that they like peppermint.

Stamps: Hung Up On The Holiday's, Warmest Regards
Paper: Real Red, Close to Cocoa, Ballet Blue, Walmart White
Ink: Real Red, Close to Cocoa, Ballet Blue, Summer Sun, Garden Green
Accessories: Scor-Pal, Stapler, Stickles, Mini M&M's

4 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

These are great, what a wonderful idea.

Unknown said...

Folded like a lawn chair, LOL! (I can't stop laughing.) These treats are really cute, I am going to have to try them for now they are on the to do list.

JoAnna Goodman said...

I love that Molly wanted Stickles!! These are way cute!

Anonymous said...

You are killing me with all these adorable ideas! Saving this one for a V-class!

Happy holidays!

Newly addicted to your blog,
Susan