Wednesday, December 05, 2007

"Chocolate Tin"


I made this at my stamp camp. The tin is from Oriental Trading Company. Of all the altered tins I have made, I like this one the best. Maybe it is the paper, maybe it is the overall design. I don't know but I love it. After I decorated the nuggets and the outside of the tin, I punched out the old olive scallop oval and glued that to the top of the lid. Then wrapped a thin strip of paper around the tin adhering it to the top of the tin. Then adhered the vanilla oval on top of that. It sucks that they have to tear it apart to get it opened but oh well ha? I really like how it looks with the band around it so if I was making it again, I would do the same thing.

Stamps: Holidays and Wishes
Paper: Dashing DP, Old Olive, Very Vanilla
Ink: Real Red
Accessories: Tin, Hershey Nuggets, Giga and Mega Scallop Oval Punch, Sponge

6 comments:

Melissa said...

So cute Rochelle!

Kelly L said...

This is just dear, Rochelle. I love it! This dp is terrific!

Alhambra Club said...

I am so in love with that paper, this came out great.

Bella Rose Creations said...

Maybe you can slit the band with a knife so it 'looks' like it goes around but can be opened? Very pretty set!

Nancy said...

This is a great tin...definitely see why you love the look. Simple, yet elegant.

Anonymous said...

Rochelle,
I love your tin, very nice job!