Saturday, October 27, 2007

"Criss Cross Card"


I finally made a criss cross card. It was way easier than I thought it was going to be. I know I will totally make more of these. It is a real fun card and did I mention easy to make? I didn't make the band that goes around the card. I don't have any 12x12 SU paper. I think it looks fine just the way it is. I used my apple cider paper since it is the only double sided paper that I have. But you don't have to have double sided paper to make this card, you can have two papers that go together. I found the tutorial on Splitcoast. You can find it here. I stamped a flower from the True Friend stamp set and cut it out and put it on the tab. I also stamped one on the bottom left of the insert.
Stamps: True Friend, Warmest Regards
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Very Vanilla, Apple Cider DP
Ink: Really Rust
Accessories: Gold Brad, Round Tab Punch, Tacky Tape

8 comments:

Donna C. said...

Very pretty. I actually prefer them without the band. I kept mine closed with a tiny piece of velcro tape.

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty!! I love it without the band!! I'll have to try some like that!!

JoAnna Goodman said...

Great job on the card. I love the color combo!

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL!! You did a great job, and don't you just LOVE the Apple Cider DP?? It is becoming my favorite!
Thanks for sharing your impressive inspirations!
Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card - great colours for a male (without the flowers, of course!) Band or no band, this card looks great - I guess it is up to your supplies and your mood at the moment. TFS

Alhambra Club said...

Your card is fantastic, these cards are easier than they look glad you took up the challenge, you nailed it.

Kristine Reynolds said...

Love this! I need to try one of these...it's been a while!

Doris said...

Great job! And you're right, it doesn't really need a band. Ribbon or twine would do it, though, if you want to add something on the next one. Something round and decorative in the "V" would work too, since you don't have to unfold it to read the message. Love your choice of colors!