Monday, May 21, 2007

"Mixin' it Up"


Why is it that when a stamp set retiring I break it out? I have had Mixed Bouquet for about 8 months and have only used it once. Now that it is retiring I used it all weekend. Does that happen to you? I lost 36 sets that are retiring soon and I am not sure how many active sets I will have when the new catty comes out. I am afraid to look. Most of my sets that I had were retired anyway. I have only been stamping for 2 1/2 years and this will be my third catalog. I used to get my stamps on e-bay and at rummage sales.
Alright, enough of that. This card is so pretty in real life and it doesn't look too bad in the scan either. I stamped the image in black and filled it in with Rose Red. I stamped the image with versa mark and covered it with iridescent ice ep. It looks beautiful. I found some black and white ribbon to add another texture and used the gel pen to dot the black card stock. It isn't my favorite card but it works.
Stamps: Mixed Bouquet, Warmest Regards
Paper: Certainly Celery, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Rose Red, Versa Mark
Accessories: Iridescent Ice EP, Heat Gun, White Gel Pen, Dotted Ribbons, Cuttlebug Embossing Folders, Celery Grosgrain

Here is the other one I made this weekend. I kinda cased it from SCS. I copied the colors but changed the layout a little and added the brads. I like this one a lot. It is very colorful and bright and cheery.
Stamps: Mixed Bouquet, Cheery Chat
Paper: Pink Passion, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Rose Red, Pink Passion, Summer Sun, Gable Green
Accessories: Hot Pink Dotted Ribbon, Black Brads, Sponge

6 comments:

Marie said...

These are absolutely adorable! TFS.

doverdi said...

These are so pretty! They look so shimmery. I bet they are gorgeous IRL.

Anonymous said...

These cards are both gorgeosu. Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing.

Kristine Reynolds said...

these are all beautiful but I especially love the black and red one...so dramatic and sparkly!

Melissa said...

So pretty!

Ashley said...

Oh-- I love these cards so much! I just found your blog! love it! I hope you had a great Memorial Day! Hugs! Ashley

www.ashleyscreativecorner.blogspot.com