Monday, February 01, 2010

"Girl Scout Week - Bag Toppers"


This week is Girl Scout week! My youngest daughter wanted me to make something for the girls in her troop to remember her by, since she will be moving soon. So this weekend I came up with a bunch of stuff to fill the treat boxes that I also made. I will be sharing one item each day that will be in the special boxes, as well as the finished set. It was fun to actually make something for a special occasion. It seems like I am just making stuff for no reason and when I am done then I decide what to do with it. I like having projects way better. These are bag toppers. I love making these cause they are so simple and you can put practically anything in them. The stamp set is a long retired Stampin' Up set that I found at a rummage sale several years ago. I found the green M&M's at target on sale this weekend which was nice. I bought 2 bags and that filled my 9 baggies and I even had some to spare. I buy my baggies at Joann's. They come in a 100 pack for $1.50 in the jewelry/bead isle. You can also find them at Walmart in their jewelry/bead isle. They are 3 x 4. The topper is cut 4 x 3 1/4 and score at 2 inches on the 4 inch side. So when you fold it the dimensions are 2 x 3 1/4. The mat is 1 7/8 x 3 1/8 and the stamped piece is 1 3/4 x 3
Stamps: Girl Power
Paper: Glorious Green, Close To Cocoa, Whisper White
Ink Close To Cocoa
Accessories: Ziploc Baggie, SU Markers, Gold Brads, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, Hand Held Hole Punch, M&M's

1 comments:

Dawn Olchefske (dostamping) said...

What a great idea! The girls will love the treats. GS is such a wonderful program. I hope she finds another troop to welcome her when you move.
Dawn O
www.dostamping.typepad.com