Monday, October 13, 2008

"Upsy Daisy"


Is this card gorgeous or what? I love it. I love it so much that I am ordering this stamp set. I made this card at my friend/demo Carrie's open house. Interesting color combo too. Pumpkin Pie and Not Quite Navy. I would have never put these two colors together had I not seen it on a card. After I stamped the image, I sponged not quite navy and pumpkin pie in the background, then added stickles around the edge. I can't wait until I get this set. I think it will look great with any color combo as well.

Do you want to hear a funny story from when I was in the hospital last week? Ya know how when you come out of surgery you say stupid things? Well, here's what I did. I had to be hooked up to oxygen for 10 hours after my surgery and I kept pushing my finger up the bridge of my nose like every two minutes. Tony was like, "what are you doing"? So I said, "My glasses keep falling down and I can't get them to stay up". He ignored me at first but then after several times of me saying it He's was like, "Rochelle, you don't wear glasses". I didn't get it. Cause for the next two hours that he was there I kept doing it and getting mad cause my glasses wouldn't stay up. After a few hours, I finally remembered that I didn't wear glasses, but I couldn't stop trying to push them up. It turns out that the sensation of having the oxygen tube behind my ears reminded me of glasses. I knew that I didn't wear glasses but I couldn't physically stop myself from saying out loud that my glasses were falling down and it was bugging me. Silly ha? I bet those doctors and nurses hear the funniest things.
Stamps: Upsy Daisy
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: SU Top Note Die, Sponge Daubers, Diamond Stickles, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, Big Shot

9 comments:

pescbrico said...

LOL You know what you story remindes me? Once we have the visit of my father godson and his father. My father was holding his godson in his arms and the little boy was pointing at my father eyes with is little finger and then my father to say : No, no not in my glasses... You should have seen the litte boy's father face when he looked at the seen and told my father : what glasses? You don't wear them!
My father was still laughing about it 4 hours later :)
Have a wonderful day!

JoAnna Goodman said...

Love the card! I love your story, too!! You're a hoot!! I bet Tony thought you had flip your lid!! heehee I'm still so glad you're ok!! Hugs!

Sandra Smart said...

oh my gosh Rochelle, that is SOOOO FUNNY! Thank you for that laugh, I really really needed it!

Marla said...

Cute story, Rochelle! It's so neat when we can laugh at ourselves and share our humor with others. That's a great story!

MaGoooo said...

GREAT card! You can stamp very well for a lefty!! lol Good Luck on a quick recovery!

Jennifer Orbaker said...

I really like the stickles around the note, very pretty card! I've seen people do some very funny things after surgery. So I was so nervous of what I did when I had surgery this summer! I haven't heard any stories yet!

Chrissy D said...

This is sooo pretty! Love the colors! And the stickles make it REALLY POP! TFS!

Sara Paschal said...

This is a wonderful creation, I love it great job! Cute story, I remember waking up sining the song the DR was when I went to sleep, I pray I was not singing through the entire thing ;)

Anonymous said...

This is absolutly beautiful! Definatly will have to try and case it, although I am sure mine won't be as beautimus as yours!!! TFS!