Thursday, September 04, 2008

"Mint Boxes"


I made these cute little boxes the other day and was trying to figure out what to put in them. I tried two peppermint patty sammiches and they fit perfectly. Woo Hoo!! The boxes are super easy to make too. Cut card stock for the bottom 4 x 4 and score 1 & 1/16 inch all around. Cut pattern paper for the lid 3 x 3 score 1/2 inch all around. For the lid I took a 1 3/8 square punch and punched out the center. Because of this size cover, you can put the punch in all the way and it will be perfectly centered. I cut the acetate for the middle insert 2 x 2. Adhere the acetate to the underside of the lid then cut the flaps on the top and bottom and put it together to form a box and lid. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. LOL
Here is a link to the directions as well.
Stamps: True Friend
Paper: Pacific Point, Whisper White, Pacific Point Designer Prints
Ink: Pacific Point
Accessories: Scor-Pal, Acetate, Square Punch, SU Scallop Punch, SU Circle Punch, Glue Dots, York Peppermint Patty, Bling

22 comments:

MNScrapbookmom said...

These are just gorgeous !!! You certainly have your creative hat on... :) I love checking your blog everyday for the neatest and coolest little devine creations. :) Cheers to you !!! ¥

Christi Flores said...

How cute are these?! I love them!!!

Dani said...

Ack! So cute! Great little gift idea!

Anonymous said...

Wow these are terrific! I love little boxes and these are no exception!

Lauri said...

Wow! So cute!!!! Another thing for my list to try!!!

Catherine said...

too cute!

Anonymous said...

Wow Rochelle, this is brilliant!! Thanks so much for the directions too!
Sharon aka Createdbyu

Courtney said...

A-W-E-S-O-M-E!

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous!! I'm so going to copy you!!!

Shelly Koskinen said...

How cute and yummy!!!! I like the Pacific Point color more than I thought I would and now I'm going to have to get some of the prints too!!!

Anonymous said...

I love these!!

kat said...

Darling!!! They look great w/o anything in them cuz they're so cute!

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

These are so cute! Thanks so much for sharing, I can't wait to try these out!

Beate said...

Gorgeous! I love the window in the top of the box.
Hugs and smiles

Unknown said...

Hey Rochelle, thanks for coming up with these adorable ideas so the less imaginative of us can CASE them! You rock, baby!

Whimsey said...

Sheesh, you are much too talented for your own good, ya know? j/k

I think you're the 3D queen!!! Love it all.

Hugs,
~Michele, SBS10

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh these are so cute!!!!! Thanks for the directions!

Unknown said...

Beautiful!!

JoAnna Goodman said...

Great, great, great!!! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

These are just too cute! Thanks so much for sharing how you made these wonderful treat holders!!!

Diana

Becky said...

These are fabulous! Just what I need for a little something extra at Christmas! Thanks for sharing!

Valerie said...

Hi Rochelle, Love your blog! I left you a little something on my Blog for you!