Saturday, September 20, 2008

"Friday's shoe Box Swap Cards"


Friday night My friend Carrie and I went to our friend Jamie's house to do a shoe box swap. It was sooooo fun and she has a real cute apartment. We had pizza, salad and apple pie. Lots of talking and we made cute cards. These are the two cards that Jamie came up with. This first one is with the Ronald McDonald stamp set Say It With Scallops. I like that she picked one elegant card and one cutsie card.

I know I am not the only one who thinks that sock monkey's are creepy. LOL I do like the card and the sock monkey doesn't freak me out as much as the real thing. We colored the image with the real color pencils. I hadn't used them before and I really liked them. Very cool. We colored the chipboard square with the ink pad and dyed the flower from the pretties kit with the pink pirouette ink pad. Thanks Jamie for hosting the get together. I had a great time and can't wait to do it again.
Stamps: Say It With Scallops, Sock Monkey, Sock Monkey Accessories, Michael's $1 Happy Halloween Greeting
Paper: Bravo Burgundy, Parisian Summer DP, Creamy Carmel, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Very Vanilla
Ink: Bravo Burgundy, Pink Pirouette, Brown and Orange Stazon
Accessories: Chipboard, Pretties Kit, Burgundy Grosgrain Ribbon, Old Olive Brads, Real Color Pencils

4 comments:

Christi Flores said...

Both of your cards are awesome!! I especially love that first one! :)

Alyssa said...

they're great cards! I don't like sock monkeys either, but this one is pretty darn cute. (I think anything with a pumpkin is cute!!!)

de said...

Love love love these cards!

I left you an award on my blog... you were the one that inspired me on this bloggin thing!

http://stampin-de-va.blogspot.com/2008/09/wylde-women-award-from-heather.html

Catherine said...

love both cards but i have to say that i love the first one ALOT =)