Friday, August 08, 2008

"Card Class Cards"


I have my card class tonight at the parks and rec. I picked super simple cards this time cause the class is only 2 1/2 hours and I got in trouble last time for going over. Tonight is the last 2 1/2 hour class. I got the time extended to 3 hours for the next three classes. I hate feeling rushed and I know they do too so this class should be easier on everyone. Some of these cards you have been posted earlier so you might remember them. The pink and blue baby card and the grey wedding are the ones I have posted already. I also made them each a neutral baby card so they will be going home with an extra card tonight.
Stamps: Cheery Chat, Little Pieces
Paper: Ballet Blue, Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Ballet Blue, Real Red
Accessories: Gingham Ribbon, Dimensionals, Sponge, SU circle punch

I like how this one turned out. The scanner doesn't really capture how pretty this one is so you have to use your imagination. They requested wedding and baby cards this time so this card could also be used as wedding or anniversary. It kinda looks purple but it is perfect plum and pale plum. I also added some bling in the middle of the flowers. I found the bling at Walmart next to the ribbons. They came in a tube and I think there is like 1000 of the rhinestones in there. And bonus it was like $3
Stamps: Baroque Motifs
Paper: Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Whisper White
Ink: Perfect Plum, Pale Plum
Accessories: Bling

Another simple card. All they have to do is glue the paper on and stamp and color the image. The ribbon is already cut so they just have to staple it on.
Stamps: Best Of Cluck
Paper: Brilliant Blue, Summer Sun, Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Stazon Black
Accessories: Gingham Ribbon, SU Markers, Stapler

This is the bonus card that I am giving them tonight. That way they will have a card that isn't boy or girl specific. I think this one is super cute.

The pink and blue baby cards have already been posted.


For my class, I have everything set up like shoe box swaps. I bought a bunch of the SU flat large cello bags and I put everything in them so when they sit down they just grab a bag and it has all the paper and supplies inside to make the card. I used to just have all the cut paper and stuff in a basket which was fine. But then for one of the classes I put everything in the cello bags and they liked it way better. Plus it saves time for them having everything in one place.
Stamps: Baby Firsts
Paper: Pretty In Pink, Ballet Blue, Gable Green, DP
Ink: Stazon Black
Accessories: White Grosgrain Ribbon, SU Markers

This wedding card has also been posted. The vellum is embossed using the cuttlebug which looks super cool. I think this card looks so elegant.
Stamps: Mini Mates
Paper: Basic Grey, Vellum Cardstock
Ink: Basic Grey
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Embossing Folder, SU Circle Punches, Hand Held Hole Punch, Silver Cord, Silver Satin Ribbon, Corner Rounder

6 comments:

Christi Flores said...

Wow! All of your cards are fantastic!!

Sandra Smart said...

wow, that's alot of card! What a fun class! They are all fantastic.

Unknown said...

These cards are beautiful, you are going to have a great class.

MNScrapbookmom said...

I love these baby cards. I always feel there is so much pressure making baby cards. These are perfect !!! Love the idea of cute and quick. :) Great paper as well. Thanks... ¥

Lori A. said...

Cute cards! I love the wedding card, too.

Lori A. said...

Cute cards! I love the wedding card, too.