Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"Smarties Diplomas"






If you know me at all then you knew that I just couldn't let Molly graduate kindergarten without making some kind of candy treat. Oh I gave it a try but it just didn't take. They are still gonna get the play doh kit and now they are getting little candy diplomas. How cute are these? They are smarties for the smarties. LOL Where do I come up with these things? I know you ask me that all the time and I don't even know myself. I wish I did. I do have a lot of fun making things with candy. It's kinda funny too cause I don't eat a lot of candy. And to answer another popular question, yes, I am the teachers favorite mom. I am also pretty popular with the office staff. Ha Ha Ha!



For these, I just printed off the congratulations on the computer on regular printer paper, wrapped it around the smarties and taped it together. I liked them when I finished them but they needed something, so I added the ribbon and then I loved them. Another super easy, super cheap, and super cute treat.

This is what they looked like before I added the ribbon. I like them way better with the ribbon. They look more like "real" diplomas. There are all 40 in this picture but in the picture with the ribbon there are only 20. I ran out of ribbon so I need to get more. Don't you hate it when you run out of supplies in the middle of a project. Good thing Joann's is close. I will be going there to get more red ribbon. (cause I am almost out of black and I don't have any blue) Figures.
Supplies: Printer Paper, Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Smarties

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

um......can I be your kid!! bwwahahaha.......my mom was never this creative!! great job!!

squirrellyshirley

Melissa said...

Super cute!!! It's a wonder you can get any sleep at night with all of the awesome ideas rolling around in your head!

M.

de said...

Way cool idea! You always have the neatest things that you do! I don't know anyone graduating and may make these anyways. He he. And I LOVED the lifesaver fire crackers!!!!

JenniferL. said...

What a cute idea! And quick too. Gotta love the quick and cute.

Chris said...

these are so cute!! where were you when my kids were little? LOL

JoAnna Goodman said...

These are adorable!! Very clever of you, Rochelle!!

Anonymous said...

So creative and cute!! :)

Sandra Smart said...

really really cute! Great idea. And yes, I really hate running out of things when I am on a roll trying to get things finished!

Lori said...

What another great idea, very cute! You are so creative! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

These are so very cute, I just love them! What a creative idea.

Kim Jenkins said...

I'm sure all the kids think you are the greatest mom - you definitely have the coolest treats. I've surfed your whole site, you have some wonderful ideas and I plan to case some of them for church.

Heather said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing your great ideas with us.

Michelle said...

Great idea Rochelle! Can't say I'll be making them for my boys classmates, but I'm sure impressed!
Thanks!
Michelle SBS10

Latisha said...

cute cute cute!!

Lesly said...

Wow - are these ever cute or what!!! Thank you for sharing.
Lesly
SBS10

kathleenh said...

Rochelle, these are adorable! How clever of you to come up with these!