Tuesday, June 24, 2008

"Diamond Birthday"


So I went to the doctor yesterday and I have good news and bad news. Good news is that I don't have pink eye. Bad news is that I am having a transplant rejection episode. It isn't serious though so don't worry. I have actually been dealing with that for the past year and a half. The doctor wasn't very concerned so that is good. He said that my cornea looks good but there is a little spot where the virus is on the tissue. I am back on my daily steroid eye drops and my preventive pill and I go back in two weeks to see how the meds are working. So over all, I am just fine. Last night my friend Erica came over to stamp. It was a blast. She brought pizza and key lime pie. Yummy! I met Erica from my stamp class. She is super cool and funny. It sure is nice to have another one to hang with and stamp. Thanks Erica for the good time last night.
Ok, on to the card. I love love love this paper. I just love the design. I decided to make that part of the card too. I cut out the bottom of the card to match the pattern on the paper, I think it looks so cool. Of course I had to glitter up the cupcake. LOL The Happy Birthday is from the so many scallops sale-a-bration set. I just used the marker to ink up the greeting.
Stamps: So Many Scallops, Hero Arts
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Pink Passion, Whisper White, Paper Salon DP
Ink: Stazon Black
Accessories: White Grosgrain, SU Markers, Stickles, SU Circle Punches, Silver Cord

11 comments:

Melissa said...

It still sounds serious, but I'll believe you when you say it isn't....my hat's off to you no matter what because I can't even touch my eye let alone have to go through all that you are/have to!

Super cute card! :-)

Many Blessings,
M.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your eye problems. Wishing you well with recovery.

Cute card!

Bev J. (Maxell on SCS_

Unknown said...

Rochelle, Sorry you are having problems with your transplant, hope getting back on the meds will clear it up soon and keep anything else from going wrong.

Love this card, just beautiful.

Sandra Smart said...

Hope you eye heals quickly! And I love the card...great idea on how you cut out the paper to match the design!

Amanda said...

So good to hear it's not anything major although it sure sounds like it is! hopefully the meds with do what they're supposed to!! :)
I LOVE LOVE LOVE how you cut the paper!!! What a great detail!!!

Lauri said...

wow...glad you are okay, but it still sounds serious to me! Great card! I love the effect of cutting the paper!!!...oh, and I pointed people your way on my blog for your RSVP pens...and will be using your spice jars instructions and sending people your way for those as well...just so you know you are being cased!

Dana said...

Sending you prayers and good vibes

Diane said...

Hope the meds help you heel quick!
Love your card,nice dp!!!

Latisha said...

I hope your meds clear everything up. My cousing just called and said ash is falling out of the sky {she live ins mendocino county}. These fires need to stop!
Very very cute card and that paper is really cute.

kathleenh said...

It sounds like a fun time with your friend. I'm craving that right now.

Such a cute cupcake card! I love the diamond paper and the colors on this.

cyndi said...

love this card!! i love the colors and the design!