Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"Belli Challenge #19- Gel Pens"


What is the Belli Challenge you ask? Belli = Embellishments. This weeks challenge is Gel Pens. Either white or another color. My friend Chris hosts a weekly embellishment challenge. To read more about it you can go here. For this weeks challenge I decided to get inspired by the gel pen queen herself, Faith Hofrichter also known as Markie's Mom on SCS. She outlines everything in white or black dots. I didn't think that was really my style but I really like the card I made and maybe I will do this again since it looks pretty cool. I don't want to go overboard though. I can totally see how that can happen. I was getting a little dizzy too while I was making dots, maybe I should have had a margarita while I was making it, the tequila would have canceled out the double vision that I was getting from the dots. LOL
Stamps: Stampendous
Paper: Basic Black, Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Stazon Black
Accessories: White Gel Pen, Black SU Marker, Black/White Dotted Sheer Ribbon, SU Markers

15 comments:

Melissa said...

Awesome!

Many Blessings,
M.

Tiffany said...

So cute! The polka dot ribbon is perfect with this. Nice job!!!

JoAnna Goodman said...

This card is adorable! Great job, Rochelle!

Holly said...

Pretty! Love those bees!

Anonymous said...

OH SO Cute!!! I love the card you made. Lucky for me, that I have the stamp you used. Now, I can CASE it - may I???

Thanks for sharing.
Margaret S

Tiya-B said...

This card is too cute and so pretty in red and black and white. the dots frame is so nice, I will have to try the outline too.

Sandra Smart said...

Really cute card. Funny thing is that as soon as I seen it, I knew who you were inspired by without even reading the text!

Gwen said...

very cute!!! I just got one of the white pens...can't wait to try it out!!

Chrissy D said...

This is adorable!!! Love how you used the dots and the white gel pen. Fabulous job on the Belli Challenge - I like the bees too! Thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge!

Anonymous said...

Perfect! I can't live without my white gel pens. I use one on every single scrapbook page. Maybe I need an intervention....at least to try another color, maybe....I don't know. I like the white.

Lauri said...

The dots work great with this! I stalk Ms. Faith as well! Not sure how she does it, but she makes all those dots work! This is a great card and the ribbon really ties it all together!

Doris said...

Way cool--LOVE this card!

Heather said...

I like what you did with the dots- but I agree that for some people that is not their style (but you did it well!)

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

FAB card Rochelle! I love all the dots - great image and layout for this card.

Sue from Oregon said...

What a cute card! Very eye catching!