Tuesday, April 29, 2008

"Gate Fold Card"


I had never heard of a gate fold card until I got my Scor-Pal. There are several different fold directions on the back of the packaging. It is a very cool looking card and fold. The challenge to keep it closed is the only tricky part. Some people close them with ribbon. I closed mine with magnetic closures from Basic Grey. They are thin enough to not bulk up the card. I hid one of them under the pattern paper and the other one is behind the scallop circle so when you close it is snaps closed.

You can get two of these cool cards with one sheet of card stock. Cut paper 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 and score at 6 1/8 and 2 1/8 on the 8 1/2 inch side. So when it is closed it is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. I cuttlebugged the solid side of mine. Super cute ha? I thought it would add some dimension and it matches the dotted paper real nice.
Stamps: Think Happy Thoughts
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wisabi, Whisper White, East Coast Prep
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wisabi
Accessories: Scor-Pal, SU Scallop Punch, SU Circle Punches, Wild Wisabi Double Stitched Ribbon, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, Cuttlebug/Embossing Folders, Basic Grey Magnetic Closures, Brad

7 comments:

JoAnna Goodman said...

I like the gate-fold style card. I've not made one yet, but I love the look! You did a great job!

CreativeMish said...

Love the card! Where do you get your cuttlebug embossing folders? My Michaels doesn't have any of the new ones. Do you order on line??

Jodie said...

I love the card, gotta love the dots.I really need to get a Scor Pal they look like lots of fun plus could save a lot of time.

Courtney said...

I'm lovin' all of the dots. This is just cute! TFS!

Diane said...

Wonderful cards! I too love that CB embosser,I've seen it all over blogs,I'm gonna have to get it.
It's so nice!

Lauri said...

I have never made one of these, but have a couple of birthday cards to make so I will try it out! Speaking of which...those magnets are difficult to find! Would be great for you to see in your store!!! and love the new layout!

Doris said...

Great idea to use magnets. I've used a slit on one side and a tab on the other to secure the closing on several of mine.