Wednesday, March 12, 2008

"Easter Sour Cream Containers"


Here is a funny story. So my parents are here and yesterday was their last day so they decided to go for another walk in the sunshine before they go back to the snow in MN. I needed to make some kind of treat for them to bring back to my nephew for his pre-school class for Easter. I decided to make sour cream containers while they went on their "little walk around the block". They left at 10:30 and I got started. I didn't realize that they were gone as long as they were until my girls asked for lunch at noon. I made lunch and went outside to see if I could see them walking home but no parents in sight. I was just getting ready to get in the car and go look for them and they came in. Tired, hot and sweaty, and laughing. Their "little walk" took them 7 miles. They got a little bit lost and by passed several roads to get to our house. No money and no phone. I lectured them when they got home on taking a phone with them or money for a pay phone like they gave me when I was younger. I told them that next time they want to go for a walk I would pin our address and phone number on their shirts with a note that said, "If lost, please return to...." Just like we do for the kids on field trips. It was kinda funny.

I didn't make these too fancy and nothing to original either since I made the same ones for my daughters pre-school class only I added ribbon. Here are the directions to make these cute little treats. Super easy too. I used Scor-Tape to secure mine. I love that stuff. It is a premium double sided adhesive, best on the market, acid free, heat resistant and incredibly sticky tape. It can be used with embossing powders, foils, beads, glitter, ribbon etc. Also it is 27 yards long compared to Stampin' Up's 10 yards long and $2.45 cheaper. Go on over and see Diana and get yourself some of this awesome tape! Tell her I sent you.

Stamps: All Wrapped Up Accessories
Paper: Whisper White
Ink: Real Red, Yo Yo Yellow, Green Galore, Only Orange, Tempting Turquoise, Lovely Lilac, Pixie Pink
Accessories: Scor-Tape, Crimper, Chocolate Eggs

10 comments:

Jennifer Orbaker said...

Too funny! These are very cute. I'm sure your nephew will love passing them out to his friends. What a great Aunt he has!

Amy said...

Love the containers and the story! And, that is great to know about the scor-tape. I already checked it out and will have to order it. Any tips on the regular adhesive you use for cards? I've been buying the AdTech that Michael's and Walmart sell. It is so much cheaper than tombo or stampin' up. But, I have been considering an ATG gun but man is it huge or what? But, the refills are huge and VERY inexpensive. Just wondering what you do since you make soooo many things.

have a great day!

Doris said...

Adhesive knowledge is sooo important! The sour cream containers I made all came apart the next morning, so I had to staple them on the ends to keep things from falling out--very embarrassing. I'm ordering the scor-tape right now! Thanks for the tip. Also, I'm glad your parents managed to get back to your house before dark!

Anonymous said...

These are sooooo cute!

Lauri said...

What a cute story! It is like having another two kids!!

crazy4mycrafts said...

How funny!! I think I would have to give the lecture too!! Funny how the tables turn when we get older! LOL. Love the sour cream containers!!

JoAnna Goodman said...

Love the sour cream containers! You are always such a good aunt to Roman! Now your parents....do try and keep up with them! heehee

Unknown said...

LOL, funny story! The containers are so cute. Nice job!

Anonymous said...

these are super cute!!

Michelle Whitlow said...

These are so cute! I haven't made them in quite a while. Now you have me wanting to make some!