Wednesday, March 19, 2008

"Card Class Card??"


I am thinking about doing this card for my upcoming class. What do you think? I really like the card a lot. I was inspired by a couple of cards on SCS. They will be making two of them. I just don't want it to be too time consuming. I used the stamp-a-ma-jig for the presents and markers on the greeting. Those would be the time consuming parts. So far the other cards I am doing aren't very intense so I think this will be ok. Maybe I worry for nothing. But just out of curiosity, do you think it is a good card for the class?
*Post revised to answer questions* First of all, I am not a demo so it doesn't matter if the stamps are current. I can use any stamp from any company that I want. Second, it is a class through the parks and rec and it can't be advertised as a stampin' up class. I use mostly stampin' up stamps anyway. There are also no sales. I am way past the point of getting freaked out if people stain my stamps. Messing up the ink pad though might be a problem. So far I have had no problems. I don't really know the level of all the stampers. There are 10 people taking the class, the class is offered every other month. This is only my second class. I am taking it over from my demo. Some people have taken the class before but there will most likely be new people there and I don't know if they have stamped before. My problem now is I don't like to make simple cards they look boring to me. But when I took the class, I loved all the simple cards we made. So for me to make a simple card is really hard. I want to add more things. The other cards I am doing for the class are very easy so this would be the most difficult. Also, the card opens like a regular card. The real red is the card, everything else is on the front. The class is a stamp-a-stack so they have to leave with 12 projects. I am going to do 5 cards and one bag topper and a stamped candle for this class.****
Stamps: Birthday Whimsy, So Many Scallops
Paper: Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White, East Coast Prep DP
Ink: Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Wild Wasabi, More Mustard
Accessories: Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, SU Scallop Punch, SU Circle Punches, SU Markers, Red 5/8 Grosgrain Ribbon, Non SU Thick Foam Dot

9 comments:

Amy said...

I think it is really cute. Does it matter to your class particpants if the stamps are no longer available? Well, whether you do it or not, I'm gonna make some like it for my birthday card stash!! :)

Have a great day!

Amy said...

One question, does the red part open as the card or the blue? Either would be cute huh? Oh, and I had a second thought. Unless you have really contientious stampers it could be a hassle to clean the stamp in between each color of the presents. And it seems there is always someone that forgets to clean and stamps on the wrong color pad with an already inked stamp. Okay, this is probably way more of an answer than you ever needed! Hee hee!

Melissa said...

I think this is super cute Rochelle! What level of skill are your class participants at? I've found that my projects are getting harder and harder for some of my ladies so I'm going back to basics today. I'd evaluate their skill level before I decided either way because it's frustrating to them and you if the project is too advanced!

Good luck!

Many Blessings,
Melissa

Lauri said...

I think you should do it! I like taking classes, not so much because I will buy anything, but because I get to try something new (like the stampamajig), use stamps I may not have, and get inspired! I say Go For It!

Doris said...

Keeping it simple works best! More advanced stampers automatically know how to kick it up a notch, to coin a phrase! The most important part, from a teaching standpoint, is to make sure they get their money's worth. If they do, they'll be back!

JoAnna Goodman said...

This card looks so fun -- the color combo is great! I think you should teach the card.

Anonymous said...

This is aa really cute card! People always want birthday cards!! Beginners are usually pretty slow and it will take longer but better to start them with nicer cards than boring simple cards!!

Anonymous said...

This card is really eye catching! One thing you could do to make it a bit simpler is cut out the SAMJ part and just have them stamp the gifts wonky on purpose:) That would save time and make it easier for beginner stampers. Whatever you decide to do, I'm sure they will love it!

Anne said...

Wonderful card creation combining the two sets, Rochelle! {wink}

{HUGS} :)