Friday, February 22, 2008

"Easter Card"


I wanted to post this yesterday but I had to wait for the sickles to dry and then I forgot. I only owned one Easter stamp until my trip to Michael's. I got this
Penny Black one a few years ago. The greeting is from my new Michael's stamp. I just inked up the words with a marker so I didn't have the border around it. I hit my local scrapbook store yesterday to get some new paper. I did good, I only got 9 sheets. My youngest (5) had some dental work done this morning and they had to put her under general anesthesia so it was a tramatic morning for me. When she woke up she was crying for her daddy and that was sad. Daddy is in MN right now, he had to go back for a funeral. Molly is a big time daddy's girl and misses him so much. It was sad to see her so upset that he wasn't there. But she is sleeping now and I hope she sleeps for a while. I am going to clean up a little so I can stamp tonight. Can't wait to cut my new paper.
Stamps: Penny Black, Studio G
Paper: Ruby Red, Mellow Moss, Whisper White, DP
Ink: Stazon Black
Accessories: Stickles, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, Primas, Hodgepodge Hardware Brads, SU Markers

7 comments:

JoAnna Goodman said...

Love the card! The chicks are too cute! Sorry Molly is missing her dad!

Latisha said...

I get so proud of myself when I don't go crazy in a scrapbook store, so I am impressed with you only getting 9 sheets of paper. How sad about your daughter wanting her daddy. I hope you get to relax and stamp tonight.
have a great evening

Lee said...

What a precious hatching chickie card!!! And I'm so sorry about your littlest dd!! I hope she gets lots of rest and feels better soon!! And that daddy gets to come home soon too!!

Velta said...

Rochelle ~ I absolutely love this card. The design you have created is perfect for these little chicks :)

Jennifer Orbaker said...

I hope she feels better soon, poor little thing!

crazy4mycrafts said...

Awww! That would break my heart too! My baby girl had to have dental surgery when she was little too. Not a fun experience. I love the card! You always do a good job!! And now that you said something.. I don't believe I have any easter stamps either!

Alex said...

This is so adorable, I don't know how I missed it yesterday! Love those little chicks, this is just too too cute!

I hope your little one feels better soon! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex