Monday, February 18, 2008

"Addicted To Jersey Shore"


I love love love Jersey Shore DP from Stampin' Up. My order came in Friday and I couldn't wait to bust into this paper. Normally I don't get too excited about pattern paper. I am kinda pattern paper challenged. But for some reason I couldn't resist with this paper. I love it. As you can see I also got my sale-a-bration sets. I got two so far. Birthday Whimsy and Lots of Thoughts. I made like 8 cards this weekend and 7 out of 8 of them were with the Birthday Whimsy set. I added stickles on the cake to add some sparkle. For the greeting I inked up all but the last two lines of the stamp with the brilliant blue marker. The whole image wouldn't fit in the circle.

All three cards today can be used for either a boy or girl. That's what I think I like best about the paper. It is not gender spacific. For this one I also added stickles to the cake. I didnt' know what to do with the top of the card so I punched a couple word windows and added brads and glued them on. I think it works great. I didn't wrap them around the card either. I just cut the ends off even with the end of the card.

I think this one is my favorite of the three. I am going to do this one in my April class as a masculine birthday card. I love how the orange brads look on the cake. I didn't add a greeting yet. I was looking for the right font then I got distracted so I just left it off for now. If I haven't sold you on the Jersey Shore paper yet, stay tuned..... I have a bunch more cards to show you.

Stamps: Birthday Whimsy, Lots of Thoughts
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Brilliant Blue, Wild Wisabi, Whisper White, Jersey Shore DP
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Brilliant Blue, Wild Wisabi
Accessories: SU Scallop Punch, SU Circle Punches, SU Markers, Tangerine Grosgrain Ribbon, Stickles, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, Word Window, Silver Brads, Orange Brads

10 comments:

L said...

Love Jersey Shore and what you have created. I just got mine and also Ginger Blossom, as I about to make 65 Graduation cards for the class of 2008 where I work. So excited!

Jamie Garrett said...

Rochelle,

The cards are very nice! Let's get together and stamp some time. Email me.

Jamie

Lee said...

Those are wonderful cards!! I have a tough time making masculine cards as I'm addicted to glitter and bling!! LOL I really like these and the Jersey Shore is a great design!!

Alex said...

Rochelle, I think all three cards are fabulous! Love that Dp myself - my fave is the middle one! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

JoAnna Goodman said...

All of these cards are fabulous! Great job! Love the dp paper!

Latisha said...

You are such an awesome stamper. I love coming to your blog you inspire me everytime!

Jennifer Orbaker said...

These are great, love the layouts. That paper is really neat with these cards.

Catherine said...

Love all threee cards and yes loving that PP..thanks to you =) (not complaining, though)

Unknown said...

My order came today, YES! Now our littel DD needs to give Mommy some time to play. I missed this paper, have to go back and look again, you make it look wonderful! I was able to get all the SB sets plus extra rub-ons, so I can't wait to play.

crazy4mycrafts said...

I love this paper!!! The more I see it the more I love it!! Great cards!