Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"Target Notebook & Pen"


I have had these for a while now and finally decided to decorate them. I know you have questions so here are the answers. Yes, I covered the pen, yes, it was a pain in the neck, and yes there is a seem. I don't know if you can do it with out having one. The pen doesn't come apart so I couldn't take off the clicker part. If I could have it would have been way easier.

For the cover and the pen I used Mod Podge. That stuff dries in like 10-15 minutes so it is easy to crank these out.

I painted on the Mod Podge on the cover of the notepad and put the DP on, then rubbed my hands on it to smooth it down, then painted Mod Podge all over the DP. For the pen, I painted Mod Podge on the back of the paper and wrapped it around the barrel of the pen, then painted Mod Podge on the paper. I also ran my finger along the seem to make sure it won't come apart.

If you are planning on doing some of your own let me save you the time of measuring. However, you might want to cut a piece of copy paper and match it up to the cover of the notepad just to make sure before you cut into your designer paper. That is what I did and I noticed that one of the four books was a little longer so I was glad that I didn't cut my paper too short. For the cover, I cut the paper 5 x 7 13/16 and the paper for the pen is 3 1/2 x 1 7/16

Paper: Basic Grey, Fancy Pants DP, DCWV,
Accessories: Mod Podge Matte (in the yellow bottle, Foam Brush, Target Notebook With Pen

13 comments:

cyndi said...

wow these are great! thanks for sharing them!

Chris said...

these are way cute...this is my new thing, altering journals!!

JoAnna Goodman said...

These are too cute!! I've got to try some of these! You did a great job, as always!

Lee said...

Just gorgeous!! I just bought 2 composition books to try altering.......I haven't done anything like that yet....I love your matching pens!! Thanks so much for sharing your tips!!

Us 4 Vol Fans said...

Gorgeous!!! These are absoultely gorgeous! You did an awesome job.

Lisa

Melissa said...

FAB-U-LOUS!

M.

Alyssa said...

Too cool! I'm going to have to pick up a few of these at Target the next time I'm there! Thanks for sharing!

Cheers and blessings - Alyssa (SBS10)

Lauri said...

These are beautiful! I love the paper and color combinations! Now on my list to try!!

Sandra Smart said...

very pretty! WIll have to get over to Target today to see if they have these!

Jennifer Orbaker said...

These are so cute and would make perfect gifts too! I like the matching pens. That is such a good tip about trying it with scrap paper first before cutting into the precious dp!!!! Thanks for all your nice comments on my little blog. I get most of my inspiration from yours!

Alex said...

Very very cute - TFS! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Unknown said...

Super cute!! Those notebooks are adorable. Anothe project for my must try it list.

Unknown said...

Brilliant, I just nver think of decorating other things....but with such gorgeous papers around :-)