Friday, August 17, 2007

"Game On Kindergarten Mom"

Ok, Thursday night we went to the kindergarten orientation. Kids in another class room and the parents in their classroom. I had a kindergartner last year so I knew what was going to go on. They have things posted on the board for the parents to sign up for. You take the note and put your name on the back if you want to do them. Things like developing film, bringing certain snacks for certain lessons that they will be learning, or things that they need for projects. One of the tags was for "Scrapbook Mom" I was just staring at it. I want to be scrapbook mom. You don't actually make the scrapbook, you just volunteer in the class and glue their projects in the books. That's it. No stamping, no embellishments, you just glue. Well, I know that I am the best gluier for the job. So I want it. My goal is to get that tag. I'm in the front row so it is mine. It is now 6:30 and the teacher said, you can all go and get your kids and bring them back to the class to do their scavenger hunt. The kids have to find things in the class like the bathroom, their cubbie, where they sit, the calendar and things like that. When the parents go to get their kids, I am going to get that scrapbook mom tag. The teacher is done talking, the parents start to get up. I get up and start to walk to the tag, when out of no where, this one mom dashes right by me and practically runs me over and grabs that scrapbook mom tag off the board and writes her name on it before I even got to the board. I was in shock. What just happened? How did she get there first? Who does she think she is? Why didn't I trip her on her way to the board? All these questions were going through my mind as I was standing there in disbelief. I didn't get scrapbook mom. I ended up signing up for the red snack that they will be having in September when they talk abut the color red. BORING!! Oh well. So here is my plan. I am getting a printer cartridge this weekend and I am going to be printing out templates and patterns like crazy. I am going to show up that scrapbook mom who took my job. I am going to make the cutest things for the class. She is going to be so jealous. I am going to show her who is the crafty mom in the class. So GAME ON KINDERGARTEN MOM....GAME ON!!!! LOL

16 comments:

Karen said...

LOL!!! That is funny! you go girl!

Nicole said...

Hysterical, you are!
But you can take her Rochelle, I know it! ;)

Unknown said...

dang girl, I am soooooo glad my kids are done with the school stuff, you moms are getting vicious! I signed up for a first grade project, teaching them how to make an octopus out of a styro ball and yarn. Did you know that boys have a serious problem with braiding! I can't wait to see what you come up with for the red food day! Would also like to hear how long the project takes you!!!!! Shelly

JoAnna Goodman said...

Rochelle- This is soooo like me! You show them moms who the 'Craft Queen' really is!! LOL

Sharon said...

Too Funny! You Go Girl!!

Pegg S said...

I need to hear how this progresses! Please keep us updated!! I think you should make sure you are the backup in case she can't fulfill her position!

Nancy said...

ROFLMAO!!!!
You go "KINDERGARTEN MOM"!

KIm VZ said...

I used to teach Kinder and boy I wish I had moms that would run over each other to volunteer. Most of the time I was begging for someone to do those things. I'm sure you will be the teacher's favorite!

Anonymous said...

TOO funny! I have two daughters who teach elementary. They'd love to have you be their scrapbook mom!! Give it to them good!

Dottie K. said...

OMG I was laughing so much - you go girl. I bet you can come up with a whole bunch of snacks that are red and will be a wonderful volunteer for the class. Keep us updated.

Cheryl said...

Hehehe, sounds like a wild ride for that teacher this year!

Anonymous said...

hee hee Rochelle -- you are one tough broad!

dawnmercedes said...

LOL...
ROTFLMBO....


Yes...YOU NEED to show that lady up! What can I do to help? I'm here for you girl!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I've pulled myself back up off the floor--you are too funny!! But, I did see myself in your shoes!!! In my oldest K class, there was a CM consultant!! Boy, it was a contest that year!! :-)

Anonymous said...

You are too funny! Sorry you didn't get to be scrapbook mom, but I'm sure you'll bless the kids with all your wonderful creations this year! Have fun!

Bella Rose Creations said...

I just found your blog! It is great...but this post rocks my world!!! Way to go and see if you can cut her off in the carpool lane. Afterall we 'normal' people have to stand up to the over the top competative mommies! I can't wait to hear what you come up with for red snack.