Wednesday, June 27, 2007

"Frustrating Challenge"


I made this card for this weeks sketch challenge. This card took me about three hours. I really wanted to use this paper and I couldn't find anything that went with it. I hate that when that happends. I started with Heartfelt Thanks. I made two cards. One with the flower stamp with leaves and one with the one with the stem. they were cute but not great. Then tried one with Mixed Bouquet, it was hideous. I mean real bad. Then I made this one with Give Thanks. I like it but don't love it. But it is way better than the others. I spent about 3 hours on this stupid challenge. I usually don't have that much trouble with finding an image that I want to use but this time I did. I think it helped that I embossed the image and the greeting in gold to match the gold in the paper. The other cards I made, I just stamped with colored ink, that's most likely why I didn't like the other ones. I think they were too flat.
Stamps:Give Thanks, Sincere Salutations
Paper: Real Red, Close to Cocoa, Confetti Cream, DP
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Gold EP, SU Markers, Primas, Brads, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Mat Pack

3 comments:

Melissa said...

What beautiful background paper! All your hard work paid off - excellent work!

Alhambra Club said...

You succeeded, that stamp goes great with it, and love your flower embellishments

Kristine Reynolds said...

This is really pretty! Can you even remember when you didn't think you could use DP? You'd never know it now.