Thursday, March 01, 2007

"Cookies Anyone?"


My daughter Sarah turns "6" Friday and she wanted to bring treats for her class. She isn't the cupcake kind of girl but she loves cookies. So, I bought cookies. Then I thought, how can I jazz up the cookies and make it into a craft. I went to Walmart and bought these CD/DVD envelopes. They are in the envelope isle. 25 of them for $2.47. I am not crazy about their so called "Bold" colors because they look pretty washed out to me. I punched some "similar" colored SU cardstock with the Giga scallop punch. Then found some matching pattern paper and punched out some Mega scallop circles. Glued them together and glued them to the CD/DVD envelope. Then printed out "From Sarah" on the computer and punched them out with my circle punch and punched out matching mats with the larger circle punch. Glued them on and stuffed the envelopes with the cookies and called it done. I think they turned out cute.
Paper: Real Red, Yo Yo Yellow, Only Orange, Brilliant Blue, Glorious Green

2 comments:

Anne said...

You are so very clevah! I thought those were the CD/DVD colored envies Rochelle! Fun idea with a nice change of pace! *grin*

Nicole said...

Brilliant! I swear, I'm gonna have a party just so you can make favors for me!! ;)