Sunday, August 31, 2008

"Gift Card Holders"


I hope you all are having a great holiday weekend. We have just been hanging out, which is fine with me. Tony got me a new camera yesterday. Woo Hoo!! I needed one so bad. My old one would randomly zoom in and out for no reason and I couldn't take the flash off when I needed to. We got it 6 years ago when Molly was born so I guess it was time for a new one. He got me a Canon Power Shot. It's so cute and small and blue. The best part is that it is a 8mp and it was only $199.
I made these gift card holders to have on hand for up coming birthdays. They are simple to make. I don't have a slit punch but if you have one you would do that on inside middle piece to place the gift card in the slits. I am going to adhere the gift card with glue dots. The flap doesn't close tightly either so I am going to place a glue dot on the under side of the punched circle to keep it securely closed. I used a crop-a-dile to punch the holes and set the eyelets. Here are the measurements if you want to make some.
Cut Cardstock: 6 1/2 x 4
Cut 2 pieces of DP: 2 1/4 x 3 3/4 and 1 1/8 x 3 3/4
Score Cardstock: 1 3/8 and 4

Stamps: Something to Celebrate
Paper: Summer Sun, Ruby Red, Certainly Celery, Bo Bunny Double Sided DP
Ink: Summer Sun, Ruby Red, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Silver Cord, Crop-A-Dile, Silver Eyelets, SU Circle Punches, Corner Rounder

7 comments:

Melissa said...

I have a slit punch and a horizontal slit punch and can never seem to get them to look right....maybe more practice is needed?

Such cute projects!

Many Blessings,
M.

JoAnna Goodman said...

These are adorable!! Thanks for all the inspiration!! I've been in a slump lately!!

Shelly Koskinen said...

These are so cute!!!

Nancy said...

Cute, cute, cute! So smart of you to make these up ahead of time to have ready when you need them.

Catherine said...

these would be great for every occassions and esp for christmas =)

Latisha said...

oh i love these!! I always forget I can make my own gift card holder!

Janet M said...

Hi Rochelle, I am a Minnesota girl all of the way.

Thanks for the idea for these gift card holders. I have made a ton to sell at an upcoming craft fair but I guess I never asked you for permission to use your idea. If this is not ok I totally understand and will keep them for personal use. Here is a link www.scraplikecrazy.blogspot.com

Thanks!!